Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Great Week

So far so good with Middle school. V and I have settled into a routine and things are going well so far. I was losing my mind the first week or so because of the traffice, but I have finally figured out what works best. V likes going to school an hour early and that allows me to get to work on time. I don't think V would admit it, but she seems to be liking school. So far I am not nearly as overwhelmed with the homework. I have heard horror stories, and maybe they are yet to come, but V has been able to complete her "homework" at school all but one day. I just can't tell you how thankful I am for this small item, but homework has been like pulling teeth to get done in our house.

This past week V was thrilled to go to MSM (church program). She told me she really wishes they would meet more often. In her small group there are 8 girls and they all seem to be friends. I am so thankful that God placed us where we are. V hasn't been real excited about going to church, but she LOVES MSM. It is truly an answered prayer.

On Thursday V called me from school to let me know that she had decided to stay for the "dance" after school after all. For whatever reason when she got out of my car in the morning she told me she didn't want to go. Around 2:15 I got a call from her telling me that she wanted to stay for the dance. When I picked her up, she obviously had a lot fun.

Continue praying for her!!! Middle school is so different. She tells me about the kids cussing all of the time. We have talked about this, but while we were talking yesterday she told me that hanging out with kids that cuss all the time just makes it easier for her to think and use words that she doesn't want to. I understand this, but I just hate it. As we know, once you start this habit, it is very hard to stop. I know that we exagerate, but she says that the majority of kids are cussing now. I remember from when I was a kid and yes, a lot of the kids did use fowl language. My prayer for her is that her mind would be protected from the garbage that she will hear and see. I pray that she will have tough skin and that words will bounce around her, but won't hurt her. I pray that she will find good Christ centered friends. Join me in prayer for these things. She is wanting lots of friends to come over and we just want to have good judgement towards her friends. Wisdom is needed to determine which friends are weekday friends and which friends are weekend friends. There is a huge difference.

This past Thursday I joined Thursday Night Fellowship at Cedar Springs. This is a womens group that meets for Bible study, worship, fellowship and learning. This past week talked about "Do You Believe the Bible is All True". Of course my answer was YES! Now our lesson and homework was to learn about the authenticity of the Bible, why we believe it is true and then we have gone into how well we know the Bible. Our homework included us writing the books of the bible in order, summarizing main events in selected books like Genesis, Numbers, Ruth,  Judges, Psalms, Proverbs... Then we were asked to name at least one of the Judges. We were not too look in the Bible. How many books are in the Bible? I was amazed at how much I knew about some books of the Bible and how I knew nothing about other books. This weeks study has really challenged me. We were challeneged to read a few books that would help us firmly believe the authenticity of the Bible. We also watched a video by Josh McDowell that was very interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze0shXucArA&feature=related

There are numerous parts to these Youtube videos, but I think it would be worth your time to watch them. The Authenticity of the Bible is really amazing. He has some wonderful books that will strengthen you faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment