Sunday, July 1, 2012

So Thankful!

Over the past few days we have had excessive heat in our town. When I was on my way back to work on Friday, I noticed a 30ish looking woman standing in the blazing sun asking for money. I see people at this exit often, as I looked at this woman and then my temp reading in my car I just felt that she must be so desperate to be standing there. The reading in my car read 100 degrees. My air conditioning was on high and I was still hot, I had just pondered stopping to get a drink through the drive through, but chose not to, because it was too hot and I didn't want to roll down the window. Here she was standing out there in this heat.


I have thought about her all weekend. I am so thankful that I have never been in such a desperate situation. What got her to this place in her life? Where does she go at night? How does she bathe, sleep, cool off... I honestly know that I am spoiled rotten! I may not have everything that I want, but I have a nice house, with air conditioning, food in the fridge, clean water, showers, washer and dryer, comfy beds, a bath tub and a place to feel safe. Everyday after work, I know where I am going and what to expect when I get there. 


My perspective changes when I see people in such desperate situations. It makes me so grateful and thankful that God has given me all that I have. Why me? I honestly know that I don't deserve the life that I have, but I am so very thankful for it..... even on my worst day.

No comments:

Post a Comment