Monday, May 14, 2012

A Glimpse of Hope

Mother's Day this year was very pleasant. Some years it seems like our children purposefully make you wish you weren't a mother. (LOL) Thankfully that feeling doesn't last long. This mother's day, my daughter picked out cards for all of the "mothers" in her life and then wrote very special notes to each of them. I received my card and note this afternoon and it was really sweet. It made me realize that no matter how much she wants you to think that she isn't listening, she really is. No matter how much she acts like she doesn't want to hear what you say, she is really letting it sink in. WOW! There is hope after all.

I truly believe that God opens the window into our child's life to allow us to see what they are becoming. Sometimes it is hard to see the potential your child has when all you seem to deal with is the yuck. I am so thankful that God has given me an opportunity to see that maybe all the hard work I have poured into my daughters life is really paying off.

Happy Mother's Day to Each of you! I hope your Mother's Day was the best ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment