Monday, January 17, 2011

Winter Blahs!

Happy New Year!

It has been a while since I posted anything here. I just haven't had any words. I am not sure what happens to me in January and February, but I feel anti-social. I don't know if it is social overload after the holidays, but I just don't feel like doing anything but hang out at home. I don't want to talk on the phone or visit. I haven't even felt like communicating by text or email.

Last week we got snow and my entire family was home bound on Monday. Isn't that what we always want? Seems like I wish for a day to be stuck at home on a regular basis, then, when it happens, I feel like I am going crazy. I didn't get out of my pj's. I have a list a mile long of things I need to do and I didn't accomplish one thing. By Tuesday my husband was RUNNING out the door to go to work. I also couldn't wait to attempt to go to work. WOW! That is a first.

Wednesday, January 5, we got a wonderful snow. The temp outside was 35 and the snow came down fast and very wet. At 7:00 p.m. my family went outside and played. We built a snowman and had a snowball fight.  We had a blast. The best part about it was it wasn't painfully cold. We actually came inside afterwards and didn't feel cold. V loves playing in the snow. She is always sitting at the window just waiting for the minute that she can go outside. Her big concern was that she had already been out of school for 2 weeks because of Christmas break and she wanted to go back. She didn't want to not go to school on Thursday. Thankfully we were only an hour late.

Saturday, January 8 we woke up to a very cold morning with a dusting of snow. The roads were bad until about noon, but then we were able to run our errands. Thank goodness! Nothing makes us crazier than being stuck inside on a Saturday.

Monday, January 10, when I woke up at 4:37 a.m. with a text from the school system telling me that schools were closed I was very excited. I was amazed at how much snow we got and how quickly it came down. It was beautiful. The only problem was it was COLD! When V got up I was prepared for the inevitable question... When can I go outside. Instead V took one look outside and groaned. We ate breakfast together and then she went back upstairs. Never, not one time, did she ask to go play in the snow. It was perfect sledding conditions and she had no interest in the snow. We did nothing on Monday. Tuesday, school was out again and once again she was not happy and did not want to play outside. Schools were closed on Wednesday and she was beginning to go crazy. She wanted to go to school. Thankfully!!!! Thursday and Friday school was an hour late, but they went.

I was thinking about this week and I thought to myself that this would be the first full week of work and school for V and me since the week before Christmas. I told my boss I wasn't sure if I could make it an entire week of work. ;)

Saturday the temps were in the upper 40's and the sun was out and it was GORGEOUS! I sat outside in the sun with a blanket around me just enjoying the sunshine. It was a bit odd to be sitting outside with an ice covered driveway, icicles hanging off of my house and snow on 1/2 of our lawn, but what can I say? I was desperate. I actually like winter, but I am hoping for no more snow. The cold doesn't bother me, but the snow makes me crazy. I don't know how people live with snow on the ground for months at a time. I have decided that I am 100% southern girl and I will be a "snowbird" the first chance I get.

Officially we are 1/2 way through January. Here is hoping for lots of sunny days for the remainder of January!

No comments:

Post a Comment