Monday, December 16, 2013

Preparing your heart for Christmas

If you are looking for a book that will help you get your heart ready for Christmas then you will really enjoy this book. I loved the conversational style of The Women of Christmas by Liz Curtis Higgs. It was amazing to literally take the story verse by verse. Liz brought out a lot of ideas that made me really think about some of the facts of the Christmas Story in a different way. I also learned a few new things.

I actually used this book at my church as an Advent Study and followed her suggestion of using the movie The Nativity as a companion video for the book.

The actual book focused on three very important women within the Christmas story - Elizabeth, Mary and Anna. Her descriptions and explanations brought the characters to life and truly made you "walk" in their shoes.

I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to go deeper into the lives of those women within the Christmas Story.

Thank you WaterBrook for sending me this copy in exchange for only my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment