Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Great Book - The First Gardener

I have read this book and I have shared this book with so many people!!! Now I want to share it with you! Denise Hildreth Jones is one of my new favorite authors. Most of her books make me laugh out loud. 


The First Gardner is one of her newest books and it is just wonderful. If you are local you can find this book at Cedar Springs Bookstore and they are currently running their summer special - Buy 2 fiction books and get one free. I don't know how you will ever choose which books to get, but I can promise you that you won't go wrong with any book by Denise.


The First Gardener is fictional story about a Tennessee governor and his family. The governor and his wife have one daughter and long for more children. While living in the governor’s mansion the family gets to enjoy the beautiful gardens which are tended by Jeremiah. He has tended the gardens for many years. Sadly, tragedy strikes this family and everything changes forever in the blink of an eye. With the assistance of Jeremiah, who is amazing, and others, they are able to get their lives back on track and once again move forward in life.

 I absolutely loved the characters they are “real” people, just like me and you. I also love the southern dialect that Denise's books are written with. This book beautifully illustrates the raw emotions of families in crisis. If you have read other books by this author, let me warn you, this one is very different. I wasn’t prepared for the sadness, but this book was wonderful. I would recommend this book to anyone. You will laugh and cry, but in the end you will close the book smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment