Friday, October 15, 2010

Fall Break?

Well for V we never do anything exciting for her fall vacation. I had actually planned on us doing something. My hope was Washington DC, but in looking at the calendar and work schedule I realized that this week would be the best week possible to have a new server put into the church. This is a great idea, right? They installed the server and then we proceeded to touch each machine and update them to work on the new server. I cannot believe how much work this involves. Not to mention the stress. I shouldn't be so tired, but I am!!! I can't wait to rest this weekend. Three days later and we are 3/4 of the way done. Hopefully we will finish everything by Monday.

V was very excited to go to her Grammies on Thursday. Grammie took her birthday clothes shopping and she was thrilled to get to pick out some new things. When I picked her up yesterday, both V and Grammie where worn out. V went to bed early and fell asleep immediately. She didn't even want to watch tv with me.

On Friday she stayed with Memaw. They also seemed to have fun. Memaw bought her a new foundation and she was thrilled.

This week has been tough for me, on Monday I talked with one of my good friends and she has breast cancer and has been fighting it for 2-3 years now. The tumor has grown and they are going to remove her breast on October 26 in TX. She is really struggling. Today another one of my friends found out that she has breast cancer. It really is scary to me. The statistics say that it is 1 in 4, but I think the stats must be much higher.

God is so cool how he sends us little messages. On the way home I was listening to Love 89 and they had an artist on who gave his testimony and his story about why he wrote the song they were getting ready to play. His father had cancer and he said that he was rock solid the entire time in his faith. It was a new song and a new band Roger Williams and the All Mixed Up Quartet. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment