Monday, September 13, 2010

The last few days

I don't know what the deal is, but my whole family could sleep until 10:00 a.m. or later everyday. I used to always get up around 6:30 a.m. regardless of it being the weekend, but for the last month I am sleeping until 9:00 a.m. and could sleep later, but I force myself to get up so I won't feel terrible. This morning I didn't think any of us were going to get out of bed. We all were dragging our behinds and we all spoke as little as possible.

I don't understand the mind of a child. When V got home Friday night I made her do her homework. She worked on it and assured me that she got it all done. Then when we got home from small group on Sunday night she had a few pieces of notebook paper in her hand. When I asked her what the papers were, she told me homework that she had forgotten about.

I wanted to jerk a knot in her tail and scream and shout. Here we are on Sunday night at 8:30 p.m. and she remembers a creative writing assignment that she was asked to redo already, because a lack of creativity. She ended up staying awake for another hour and when I went to bed at 11:00 p.m. she was still laying in bed awake.

Of course today she woke up feeling sick and wanted to stay home. She was so angry with me because I told her that feeling a little bad didn't mean you got to stay home. I woke up sick to my stomach today and guess what, I went to work. I explained to her that life is tough sometimes. I think by the time I dropped her off at school she was less mad at me, but who knows. She is like a cat and holds a grudge.

I truly don't think you can ever prepare yourself for a middle schooler/teenager. I hope that she is going through her stages early and then life will be better. Everyone has a story, but I am sticking to the best case scenario for me.

Douglas has gotten involved with the drama ministry at Faith and he is also looking at joining the choir. He had a great time performing in a skit Saturday for both services and then at all 3 services on Sunday.

I guess that is about all that is going on right now. I am just trying to get geared up for another week of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment